- Panettone fan? Check out our gorgeous #Colomba #Easter cakes! #vegan https://t.co/81z7IHWaNG https://t.co/0M6JXUDw7e 2 days ago
- Congratulazioni!!! Tracey A Belcher you are the #winner of our #Mammainamillion #hamper. Thank you to everyone who… https://t.co/zQWgfdh40d 2 days ago
Vialone Nano rice pudding
- Quarter of a teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup Riso Margherita Vialone Nano rice
- 5 cups of milk
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra to garnish
- Half a teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
In a large pan bring 2 cups of water to boil, add salt and rice. Cover and simmer over a low hear stirring once or twice until the water is almost fully absorbed (for about 15 – 20 minutes)
Add the milk and sugar. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering and stirring for 15 minutes.
Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cool and serve at room temperature, sprinkle with cinnamon to garnish.
Modican Orange Chocolate cake with pistachio cream
For the cake
- 100g Modican orange chocolate
- 100g '00' flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40ml milk
- 25g butter
- Cinnamon powder, vanilla essence or chilli powder
For the pistachio ‘Crema Inglese’
- 150ml milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 65g chopped pistachios
- 50g sugar
Melt the Modican chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water, add the sugar.
Put the mixture in a bowl and add the flour, the cocoa, the baking powder, the milk and the cinnamon, vanilla or chilli powder.
Grease the aluminium moulds with butter.
Cook at 180º for 13 minutes.
For the cream, whisk the two egg yolks with the sugar. In a pan bring the milk almost to boiling point (do not let it boil), add the eggs and the chopped pistachios, cook on a low heat until a creamy consistency is achieved. Dust the cake with icing sugar and some grated orange zest.
Serve hot with the cream on the side or piped around the edge.
Modican Chocolate pancakes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 and a half cups of milk
- Knob of butter
- Bar of Modican chocolate and a little milk to mix in
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa,
Gradually whisk in the eggs and the milk.
Mix until a thick, smooth batter forms.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and brush with melted butter.
Cook ¼ cup measures of this mixture in the pan. When bubbles form on the top, flip over to cook the other side.
Stack pancakes and keep in a warm place while you cook the rest of the batter.
Prepare the chocolate sauce by melting the Modica chocolate of your choice and adding a little milk to it until nice and smooth and runny, pour over stack of pancakes and enjoy!
Modican Chocolate almond biscuits
- 250g Modican almond chocolate
- 210g '00' flour
- 10g sugar
- 55g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
Melt the chocolate ‘bagno maria’ and add the butter.
Sieve the flour and add the salt and the baking powder and mix together. Beat together the 2 eggs and the sugar for at least 15 minutes.
Delicately mix together the chocolate and the eggs. Slowly add the flour. Leave the mixture in the fridge for one hour.
Place the icing sugar on a plate. Shape the mixture into balls and roll in the icing sugar.
Place them on a baking tray well spaced out.
Bake in a 170º oven for 10 minutes, make sure not to let them dry out! Let the biscuits cool down and if necessary dust again with icing sugar.