- Panettone fan? Check out our gorgeous #Colomba #Easter cakes! #vegan https://t.co/81z7IHWaNG https://t.co/0M6JXUDw7e 2 days ago
- Congratulazioni!!! Tracey A Belcher you are the #winner of our #Mammainamillion #hamper. Thank you to everyone who… https://t.co/zQWgfdh40d 2 days ago
Chick pea soup with Acqualagna truffles
- 400g of dried uncooked organic Cuore Verde chick peas
- 2 garlic gloves
- 30g of white Acqualagna truffles
- 2 teaspoons of Agrigenus tomato passata
- 4 teaspoons of Cenzino organic extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Soak the chick peas overnight in cold water
Cook the chick peas in a large pan of salted boiling water along with the two garlic cloves.
When cooked blend the chick peas along with the water they were cooked in and the tomato passata until the chick peas are nice and smooth but not liquid.
Divide the soup into dishes, garnish with pepper and extra virgin olive oil, thinly slice the white truffle on top and serve.
- 1 cup of Cuore Verde organic cicerchie
- Cenzino organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tin of Agrigenus Napoli tomatoes (strained)
- 1 large clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soak the cicerchie for 24 hours in 4 cups of water, then drain and discard the water.
Once drained, place in a large pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil over high heat and then lower heat and allow the beans to simmer, covered, until tender (1.5 to 2 hours approximately).
Once cooked, drain and discard any of the skins that were removed during cooking.
In a separate pot, warm a bit of olive oil and then add the garlic and the herbs.
Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant and then add in the tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes and then add in the cooked cicerchie, and cook for an additional 10 minutes before adding the stock and enough water for desired consistency of soup.
Continue the cooking for 10 minutes adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and parmesan sprinkled on top and some lovely crusty bread.