Caputo Dry Active Yeast 100g
Mulino Caputo's dry yeast is simply brewers yeast produced from a rigorously selected and 100% Italian strain and fed only with Italian molasses: a particular type of sugar obtained from beet and sugar cane. It is thanks to this nourishment and oxygen that the yeast cells begin to reproduce and multiply. This process is called fermentation. After fermentation, the yeast is separated from the molasses and first washed to remove impurities, then centrifuged and finally dehydrated and reduced to microgranules. So, just like flour, yeast is an absolutely natural product!
This yeast has a high fermentative power and is ideal for making all types of dough and leavening giving an incomparable taste.
What are the advantages of an active, dry yeast?
· Storability - The dehydration process eliminates water, extending the product shelf life up to 24 months.
· Practicality - The packaging designed by Mulino Caputo is compact, can be resealed and does not require any special storage measures.
· Stability - The fresh yeast works especially in the first 2 hours of resting of the dough, while the dry yeast has a slower, but more constant over time action.
· Saving - Quantities needed are reduced to one third when using the dry yeast instead of the fresh yeast.
· In addition to these advantages, the Active Dry Yeast of Mulino Caputo is naturally gluten-free and lactose-free!
How to use
Simply mix through flour - no need to dissolve in water beforehand.
Baker's yeast, emulsifier (Sorbitan Monostearato).
Antico Molino Caputo
This authentic Italian family company now into their third generation was founded in 1924 by Carmine Caputo on his return from the US. He started out with a small mill and a pasta factory in Capua. Now the most popular brand of ‘00’ flour in Italy and America, Caputo is now run by Carmine's grandsons Eugenio and Carmine and grand nephew Antimo who have maintained long-standing relationships with wheat suppliers around the world as well as the reputation of the company for 89 years of excellence.