Cheese & Organic Wine Hamper
Our Cheese and Organic Wine Hamper contains all of the essentials for a fabulous feast with the family at home or great party! From delicious red and white organic wines to 5 types of artisanal Italian cheese to 5 wonderful accompaniments selected to complement your cheese board! This kit would also make a great gift for a party host or hostess!
- Falanghina Rami DOC (750cl) - This golden organic wine has good acidity and fine, delicate fruity notes. It is also suitable for vegans.
- Chianti San Jacopo DOC (750cl) - A wonderful organic Chianti produced from 100% Sangiovese grapes by the Tenuta San Jacopo, in the beautiful rolling Tuscan hills.
- Organic Pecorino Sardo DOP (200g) - Our organic Pecorino is a semi-matured, excellent quality artisanal cheese made in the little town of Dolianove in the Province of Cagliari. Pecorino is one of Italy's oldest cheeses and features heavily in Italian cuisine! Pecorino Sardo is made with raw sheep's milk (giving it an authentic rural taste) and aged in ancient vaults
- Fontina DOP (200g) - Fontina is a semi-soft alpine cheese from the Valle d'Aosta. The name Fontina seems to come from a pasture called Fontin where this cheese was made. Other sources link it to the village of Fontinaz. The name could also come from the old French term “fontis” or “fondis” which used to indicate the special ability of this cheese to melt when heated. Fontina cheese has a DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) status, a milky aroma - 100 litres of milk are needed to make one Fontina, a creamy texture and a sweet flavour which intensifies with ageing.
- Organic Taleggio DOP (200g) - This is a sweet, slightly sour soft cow's milk cheese. It has a characteristic aroma sometimes with a hint of truffle.
- Gorgonzola Dolce (200g) Soft, creamy and mild, this 'sweet' Gorgonzola from a small artisanal dairy in Piemonte is often preferred by people who find the stronger version a little too strong and overwhelming. Still marbled with a bluey green, the cheese is pleasantly tangy.
- Sardinian Carasau Flat Bread (250g) - This wafer thin flat bread is a Sardinian speciality! It is light and crispy and goes perfectly with cheese and antipasti.
- Organic Acacia Honey (250g) - The perfect honey to accompany Pecorino and Parmesan cheeses, produced on an organic farm in Tuscany.
- Cedro Marmalade (250g) - This marmalade (made from Calabrian citron fruit) has a really tangy flavour, bitter and sweet at the same time. Goes well with hard seasoned cheeses.
- Ginger Balsamic Glaze (150ml) - Made from white balsamic vinegar and ginger which is slowly reduced to a nicely balanced thickened cream. This velvety glaze is sweet and peppery with a beautiful golden colour. Pair with all types of cheese.
- Pear Mostarda (120g) - The sweet yet 'piccante' taste of this Italian fruit mustard is perfect with hard cheeses.
This delicious selection of cheese, wine and sauces is presented in a lovely, strong gift box (the cheeses are packed in a chilled box first) which is tied with a colourful ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout.
If we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Please note also that we cut each individual piece of cheese freshly, so occasionally individual pieces may weigh slightly under or slightly over the stated weight.
You must be over 18 to purchase this hamper.